Child playing with lighter caused house fire | News
(WMC-TV) - A child playing with a cigarette lighter sparked a fire that caused about $7,500 in damage to a home Saturday afternoon.
Firefighters say they could see smoke coming from the home in the 3600 block of Shoreham Drive as they arrived on the scene.
The fire was knocked down in less than 10 minutes, but the home still sustained about $7,500 in damage.
No one was injured during the blaze, but the home didn't have a working smoke detector, according to officials with the Memphis Fire Department.
Memphians can apply for a free smoke detector by calling 901-636-5650.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.