Ruby Wharton hosts annual women's empowerment event | Business
Memphis Mayor A C Wharton spent his Sunday with his wife Ruby at her annual women's empowerment event. It's called "Tea and Talk at the Top."
Ruby gave out six women awards for their outstanding contributions to Memphis:
- Memphis and Shelby County Health Department Director Yvonne Madlock
- Recording artist Marcela Pinilla
- Past 100 Black Women President Bettye Boone
- Independent Bank CEO Susan Stephenson
- Community activist Fannie Clark
- D.A. Amy Weirich.
This is the event's 11th year. Ruby Wharton is a success in her own right as owner of the Wharton Law Firm.
"We certainly are finding women who have been doing things for years and years and never receiving attention, never sought attention. They just did it because it was something their heart and spirit told them to do," she said.